The mission of this Foundation is to help advance research and education
in brain research, that will help find answers to addiction, pain and other
diseases and conditions of the human brain, such as Alzheimer's Disease,
schizophrenia & aging.
The Foundation will also encourage outstanding young scientists to enter this
important field of research, as well as focus public attention on the importance
of basic research.
Ideas and Goals for Funds Raised
- Speakers’ Bureau, at first, regional and eventually national. The
Speakers’ Bureau will provide speakers to community groups and businesses
to speak about the current state of the art of brain research and how basic
research is affecting and will affect the cure and prevention of brain diseases & conditions,
such as drug and alcohol addiction, pain, and other diseases.
- IES Brain Research Foundation Summer Fellowship Program to assist outstanding
college seniors and beginning graduate students to work in laboratories with
established scientists, who volunteer to take on such students. This will
give young science-oriented students a chance to determine whether brain
research is a career that they would be excited to pursue and help attract
excellent new talent to the field.
- IES Brain Research Foundation Travel Grants
to assist young scientists in attending brain research conferences, to meet
and learn from experienced scientists and to present any work they may have
- Lectures at prestigious scientific conferences and/or medical institutions.
- Symposium on a Brain Research topic.
- Future goals for when larger amounts are raised are giving modest grants
or purchasing a needed piece of equipment for a lab doing outstanding brain